Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week 5 Web Tools Exploration 3: PLN and Family!

I spent three days this week visiting family in Kentucky, working on my grad classes whenever I had a few minutes.  Little did I know that a GREAT addition to my PLN was right in my family!  I had forgotten that my niece's husband,  in addition to teaching math full time, is the technology coordinator for his high school while working on a master's degree in educational technology.  He gave me lots of websites to look at and some tips from his own experience.  I got a bit overwhelmed by everything he showed me, but I was so excited to know that I had a relative that could help!  I just wish I had realized that about 5 weeks ago!

Here are a few web tools he introduced me to that look interesting...


Gapminder - view fact-based world data

Quizlet - find/make flashcards to help students study for quizzes and tests

Yola - make your own website

2 comments:

  1. Gapminder-I will have to check this out; I believe Hans Rohling uses it ( or maybe helped develop it- he has some great TED talks http://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_shows_the_best_stats_you_ve_ever_seen.html

    I recommend quizlet to my students, and some of them would rather write their vocab out on Quizlet and use that than flash cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gapminder fella is sure an interesting character isnt he? Ive enjoyed every one of his TED talks.

    ReplyDelete