Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Web Tools and My Smartphone

I am slowly catching up with the 21st century.  I have owned my iPhone for a year now and am finally connecting it to the web, thanks to my daughter.  I am currently in Seattle visiting her for the 4th of July weekend and she is trying to get me more smartphone savvy.  Yesterday we downloaded the Twitter app and tweeted two pictures, one from the beautiful Kubota Gardens and one of her dog.  By the way, I learned a lot more about using the camera on my phone, giving me more image experience!  We also downloaded Google Search app which allows me to get to Google Reader, which has helped me keep up on all the blog posts from wherever I am at.  I finally connected my gmail account to my phone as well.

I just e-mailed myself a picture from my iPhone to include in this blog post.  These are horsetails that were growing at the Kubota Gardens.  During our plant unit, we talk about horsetails and now I will have an image of them that I took myself. 



I can see using my iPhone now to capture images that are biology-related to use for class.  I am also planning on connecting my phone to our school e-mail, which many teachers already do.  I guess it just takes me awhile to get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment